There is nothing quite like the look & feel of film. So many modern-day Instagramesque photo filters try really hard to emulate the grain and muted colours of old film, but it rarely comes close to the real thing.
While film has experienced a resurgence, it remains its own master, often requiring a strong knowledge of how to gauge light and the use of unconventional accessories to master. It can be finicky and very easy to shoot a whole roll of film and come away with nothing to show for it.
Rather than go through the expensive process of trial and error, expert film-photographer Jillian Logee will teach you all the basics of using film for your own photographic adventures.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to select and care for film
- How to successfully expose an image manually
- Techniques on achieving different film effects
- Tips on vintage camera care
- A rundown on the different types of vintage cameras out there
- One-on-one time with a selection of different cameras from Jillian’s personal collection
- Cost: $199, additional participants added for $65 each
- Length: 1.5 hours
- Location: to be selected based on your needs & upcoming weather
Booking, cancellation, and refund policy:
To confirm your booking, you will be required to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remainder is due the week before your session. If for any reason you need to cancel, you will be refunded everything but the deposit. Please note, no refunds will be provided if the session is cancelled less than 48 hours before the booking date & time. No refunds will be provided after the session is over, but if you’re unhappy with what you learned or your images, Logee Photography is committed to customer satisfaction and will work out a reshoot with you. If multiple participants are coming to the session, the same rules apply, but anyone not already on the roster will not be permitted into the workshop.